Just when we could no longer onboard new customers to the Belnet DDoS Mitigation service, the demand for DDoS protection turned out to be sky-high. This is not surprising, because if your organization is hit by a DDoS attack, this often not only has a financial impact, but it can also cause considerable reputational damage. Moreover, a DDoS attack is increasingly used to mask another kind of cyber attack, such as the installation of malware or ransomware.
Belnet therefore started looking for a new solution that offers its network and its customers better protection against various types of DDoS attacks. More complex attacks, such as a syn flood, can be mitigated by routing the attack to Belnet's scrubbing centres. And at very large volumes, we can redirect the malicious traffic to our external cloud scrubbing solution so that the affected customer and the other customers on the Belnet network experience little or no inconvenience. We aim to start onboarding the first customers in February 2023.
Last Friday, the new solution was already presented during an online information session in which 67 interested customers participated. If you missed this information session or would like to watch it again, you can request the recording by sending an e-mail to email@example.com stating your full name and organization. Alternatively, you can download the slides here.
We have already listed the highlights of our new DDoS solution for you:
- Protection against volumetric attacks (L3-L4)
- Constant monitoring of network traffic. Once an attack is detected, an alert is sent to the affected customer
- In the event of an attack, mitigation kicks in automatically with little or no impact to your users
- With normal network traffic there are no additional hops, so no packet drops
- Fewer false positives
- You receive a full report after each attack