A number of improvements have been made since mid-March to allow you to better manage your Belnet guestroam app.
Belnet guestroam is a solution for providing visitors to your higher education or research institutions with a secure, temporary, wireless internet connection.
Based on your suggestions, we have made some improvements to give you a better experience of the tool. In addition to the platform's ergonomics and appearance, improvements have been made concerning the management of departments, validators and guests. The various improvements made are described in detail below.
Greater autonomy in the management of your 'departments'
- Create a self-approved department/event. Requests for this department will no longer need to be approved by a validator.
- Add messages associated with the department/event. This message will be seen by all guests when the accreditations are sent.
- Limit the validity of the accreditation to a certain number of days.
Easier management for the validator
- Disable notifications for a specific validator whenever you want. This change was requested for those institutes that have a primary validator and several backup validators. The latter will no longer receive notifications (even those for new applications).
- No need to create a validator per department. Instead, you can associate a validator directly with a service.
- The complete request information is provided in the notification email from the validator.
More efficient control of and information on your 'guests'
- Extend the validity of the accreditation for a guest or a group of guests.
- Guests are notified via email 48 hours before their account expires.
- After the expiry date, the guest's account remains in the system for a maximum of one month so that its validity can be extended.
Guest application form
- The contact person is now a mandatory field.